December 30, 2020

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like 2021

Los Angeles, California

As 2020 comes to a close there is much to reflect on. But, let's NOT. It was, plain and simple, an awful time. Not that some good hasn't come of it. But reflection would be a dismal exercise at this time.

But 2021 is looking good. First of all, despite the horror of the pandemic, it will start with the continued hilarity of that petulant, whiney bitch of a loser leaving the White House. And what have we learned from this transition? Well, it appears that the president can continue to create alternative facts by not conceding to his loss. In idle moments, I like to extrapolate that into other areas of life, starting with my friend, Lynnette, with whom I play games including our favorite Ticket to Ride board games. We're both pretty good sports, and fairly evenly matched in wins and losses. But maybe in the future, there will be no loser. Maybe if she wins, I can just declare that it was rigged. In fact, they can all be rigged, except the games where I win.

It's been years since I watched Jeopardy, but I seem to recall that someone wins, and the other two players come in second and third. No longer. They can just stay at their podiums and refuse to leave the studio until they are declared winners. If they brought their own people to the audience, they can rally and sign petitions. Once outside the studio, they can wave their guns around. Oh, no they can't. It's not Michigan. Nor Texas.

Speaking of California, I think if you don't have the winning numbers for the California Lottery each week, you should sue. And don't sue locally. Take it to the Supreme Court.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, from now on, the Los Angeles Dodgers should refuse to accept any losses of games played. Against the Houston Astros? Well, we all know the fix is in on that one. But, what the hell? Why should they accept any losses at all? Other teams will be cheating and rigging the game, right? And the Dodgers shouldn't just win. They should have THE BIGGEST WIN IN THE HISTORY OF BASEBALL. Every game. It's a new world.

Uh... No it isn't. Despite my cynicism, I am counting on a healthy dose of reality, ethics, consciousness, character, and kindness in 2021. Let's be good sports, good friends, good neighbors, and good losers when losing occurs. It can be a better world out there. We can all be better. And, eventually there will be times spent with the people we care about, and time doing all the things we enjoy. And maybe someday in the not completely distant future, there will be hugs. Hugs for winners. Hugs for losers. Hugs for us all. Wasn't 2020 terrible? Look in the rear view mirror. Any minute now you will see it behind you. Happy New (and improved!) year. Wishing you the abundant joy of faith, friendship, and fun in 2021 (remember, 2021 rhymes with fun!).



No comments:

About Me

My photo
California, United States
Once, I came up with this brilliant idea (well, I thought so, anyway) that the key to happiness was to concentrate on three things -- to choose three interests, then focus and funnel your energy into that trio. I was an English major in college and have always written in some shape or form. So, my first choice was writing. I've always kept journals, and have also written plays, novels, poetry, and shopping lists. I do have a day job. It deals with numbers (assets and finances). Go figure. I went to college at a California University. I live in California, Los Angeles, but not downtown. No children, and sadly, between dogs at the moment (dog person, not a cat person). Enough info? I was going for just enough to not be a cypher, yet not enough to entice a stalker. And, I started my blog after being dragged, kicking and screaming, to do so. Blogs! Read about ME here, right? But I have been advised that this is a way to write regularly, and to put your writing OUT THERE. So, here goes. My name is Bronte Healy. Thanks for reading my blog.