July 18, 2014

A Horse With Wings

Los Angeles, California


I want to cry
I want to feel the world around me whirling by
I want to cry for those that live
And those that die
You sing a lullaby...
I want to cry.

I want to pray

That all my wishes could come true after today
And should I put a word for you in?
Should I say
An extra Kyrie?
I want to pray.

I want to lie

I want to think that things are better than they are
I want to think we've gotten further...
And, that far is just an inch away.
I want to lie.

A horse with wings

I want to think of things like that and other things
I want two brothers, one who laughs
And one who sings.
I hope the future brings
A horse with wings.

I want to know

The things they told me way back when were really so
I want to make a little mark
Before I go
Not barely just get by
I want to fly...


After: Ricky Ian Gordon, R&H Music




No comments:

About Me

My photo
California, United States
Once, I came up with this brilliant idea (well, I thought so, anyway) that the key to happiness was to concentrate on three things -- to choose three interests, then focus and funnel your energy into that trio. I was an English major in college and have always written in some shape or form. So, my first choice was writing. I've always kept journals, and have also written plays, novels, poetry, and shopping lists. I do have a day job. It deals with numbers (assets and finances). Go figure. I went to college at a California University. I live in California, Los Angeles, but not downtown. No children, and sadly, between dogs at the moment (dog person, not a cat person). Enough info? I was going for just enough to not be a cypher, yet not enough to entice a stalker. And, I started my blog after being dragged, kicking and screaming, to do so. Blogs! Read about ME here, right? But I have been advised that this is a way to write regularly, and to put your writing OUT THERE. So, here goes. My name is Bronte Healy. Thanks for reading my blog.