May 5, 2011

TEQUILA

Los Angeles, California


Alright now. It's time for another recipe. So, away we go.

Tequila

1 bottle of pretty-good (muy bien) tequila*
no lime
no salt

Throw your bottle of pretty good into the freezer overnight. The tequila will thicken and get rather syrupy. Grab a small, chunky glass that will hold about four ounces of liquid (this glass is also good for ouzo, but that's another post -- upcoming, and for free!), and pour as much tequila as you like into this glass. Sip, don't shoot. We are not barbarians. Finish contents of glass; repeat, etc. This is especially good after a long Sunday of gardening when you are sitting on the steps of your porch or deck surveying the mastery of what you have accomplished.

*Here are some of the tequilas I particularly like:

Jose Cuervo Tradicional Reposado
Milagro Tequila Anejo

Our friends, Larry & Susan, gifted us with this tequila, which they brought back from Mexico:

Tres Generaciones Reposado

(and it's very good).

The jewel in the crown (or in our bar, though we like to think of this in royal terms) is:

Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia Anejo

I know naming all this Cuevo is kind of heresy in the tequila world. Jose takes a lot of flak for not being a  product of Mexico. This one is 100% agave, Producto de Mexico. It is truly a sipping tequila, not to be thrown in the freezer but enjoyed as you would fine cognac. It's expensive, but you shouldn't be stingy about it.

I have to come clean and report that we once hosted a blind tequila tasting where our friend, Christopher, and I both pointed to the same tequila as the very best of the lot. It turned out to be Cuevo Gold. So, we're just cheap drunks. So shoot us. I think these tastings are a bit bogus anyway, because after the first taste you've more or less lost the ability for your taste buds to adequately differentiate. Or maybe we're just cheap drunks . . .

I'm not big on silver tequila. As with my men, I prefer some maturity. And lastly I must state that I do like Patron. I just don't necessarily gravitate towards it.

And, there you have it. Feliz Cinco de Mayo y gracias para leyenda mi blog.  Tengo sed . . .

No comments:

About Me

My photo
California, United States
Once, I came up with this brilliant idea (well, I thought so, anyway) that the key to happiness was to concentrate on three things -- to choose three interests, then focus and funnel your energy into that trio. I was an English major in college and have always written in some shape or form. So, my first choice was writing. I've always kept journals, and have also written plays, novels, poetry, and shopping lists. I do have a day job. It deals with numbers (assets and finances). Go figure. I went to college at a California University. I live in California, Los Angeles, but not downtown. No children, and sadly, between dogs at the moment (dog person, not a cat person). Enough info? I was going for just enough to not be a cypher, yet not enough to entice a stalker. And, I started my blog after being dragged, kicking and screaming, to do so. Blogs! Read about ME here, right? But I have been advised that this is a way to write regularly, and to put your writing OUT THERE. So, here goes. My name is Bronte Healy. Thanks for reading my blog.