March 9, 2011

What Can We Do For Sandra?

Los Angeles, California

Today is Ash Wednesday which begins the forty days of Lent. On Saturday night, we had our last martini, our last taste of hard liquor, before abstaining for the duration. This, with the exception of one night next week when we will hoist a glass of Irish whiskey. With St. Patrick's Day on approach, I am drawn to thinking about my Irish husband and our Irish friends like Brendan, and Curtis McCoy. And, last but not least, Sandra.

Sandra is our most beloved of friends, Irish or otherwise. Mostly because of her heart, and because she is so much fun to be with. I have pictures of Sandra (and me!) in funny hats, and wearing mardi gras masks, and in huge oversized sunglasses (I'm talking huge here). There are few crazy plans I can come up with that she won't go along with -- and vice versa. Case on point: in Kona last October, on my birthday, she talked me into having our faces painted a la Cirque du Soleil. It would take a hundred posts for me to adequately describe all the friendship, humor, and fun that Sandra and John have brought into our lives. So, instead of that, I'm going to post a photo of the two of us. I think, in this case, a picture is worth a trizillion words. Or more. This one taken a few years back on a small boat charter (ok, it was a yacht) near the San Blas Islands in Panama.



Sandra is currently undergoing a course of treatment which would be a daunting process for the best of us . . . which is, by the way, who she is. And which is why I named my blog after her. She always seems to know the right thing to do, but more importantly is always there to do the right thing for everyone in her circle of family and friends. And it's a big circle. So, what I know is that now is the time to do something for Sandra. And I ask you to throw whatever you've got her way -- positive thinking, good thoughts, prayers, or all of the above. She is going to be fine. But I'd like to think we might help to provide some wind beneath her wings right now, when she really needs it.

Thank you for your help. Thank you for reading my blog, and be well mi frister y amiga especial xxxooo.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
California, United States
Once, I came up with this brilliant idea (well, I thought so, anyway) that the key to happiness was to concentrate on three things -- to choose three interests, then focus and funnel your energy into that trio. I was an English major in college and have always written in some shape or form. So, my first choice was writing. I've always kept journals, and have also written plays, novels, poetry, and shopping lists. I do have a day job. It deals with numbers (assets and finances). Go figure. I went to college at a California University. I live in California, Los Angeles, but not downtown. No children, and sadly, between dogs at the moment (dog person, not a cat person). Enough info? I was going for just enough to not be a cypher, yet not enough to entice a stalker. And, I started my blog after being dragged, kicking and screaming, to do so. Blogs! Read about ME here, right? But I have been advised that this is a way to write regularly, and to put your writing OUT THERE. So, here goes. My name is Bronte Healy. Thanks for reading my blog.